This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gotta love the snow day

Wow, today was awesome!  School was cancelled for the boys which meant I had to stay home from work to watch them :)  I worked for about 4 hours this morning and then I came upstairs to have some Cricut time!  I had a great time.  I needed to make a few things and was able to quietly enjoy the time and space to make them. 
First I had to make a birthday card for a little girl in my 6 year old Kyle's class.  I liked the princess crown card on Cricut.com from the Sweet Treats Cart but I just wanted it to be simple so here is my version of it:














Next I had to make a Thank You card for my 8 year olds Teacher for Teacher Appreciation day this Friday.  I also am the room mom and am making a "Winter Picnic Basket" so I also made some of the decorations for that, which I will complete tonight or tomorrow.  I used the Simply Sweet cartridge for the Thank You card and I used the Locker Talk cart for the basket decorations.

I had a great day playing with the Cricut.  I can't wait until my Expression arrives and I certainly hope it does not take so long for me to get back to it again :) 

No comments: