This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Monday, May 23, 2011

Relay for Life

This past weekend my sons, my sister-in-law, my niece, my mom, my aunt and a couple of friends participated in the Relay for Life in honor of all who suffer from Cancer but mostly in honor of my Grandfather who passed away last year after suffering for years with non-Hodkins Lymphoma.  Although I was not officially on the team (I signed the boys up to represent us all) I did most of the work on the boys behalf (except the actual walking the laps, LOL).  I made a banner of our team "logo" To Hail With Cancer,  which I really enjoyed making and am very proud of.  I used my Gypsy to plan it all out, the Sports Mania cartridge for the triangles (using the hidden contour feature), Old West for the letters and Create a Critter for the clouds and umbrella.  I think I may have used it for the snow flakes also but I am not sure about that.  I added clouds after I took the "final" picture so I took a picture of that portion.  I made those pieces of the banner to divide the words.  I hope to make another banner using the same base (different colors) for my daughters upcoming 2nd birthday!  

 

  

  

 Also, as a part of the Relay for Life we had an onsite bake sale. I made cupcakes and cookies.  For those I made little cupcake toppers using our team "logo" To Hail With Cancer that my sister in law made and I made little cookie pouches using those stickers I made and CD envelopes.  I used my Cricut after I printed the stickers on 8 1/2 X 11 stickers sheets to cut out the circles using the center cut option which I LOVE!  TFL.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What great projects for a wonderful cause!!!