This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Cupcake Pillowbox

My crafty girlfriend Stephannie gave me the idea to use a pillowbox as a quick gift card holder and now that I have a cartridge (Girls Makeup Party) that has the pillowbox cut on it I am OBSESSED with pillowboxes, LOL.  My cousin's daughter turned 1 last weekend so the girls and I went to the party (the boys had football).  I cut this pillowbox using 8 1/2X 11 pink paper and using the fit to page feature just to make sure it was big enough (it was plent big).  Then I cut the cupcake from Once Upon a Princess with its layers, I think I did it at 3 inches.  I used my Peachy Keen Every Day Character stamps (the biggest one in the pack) to stamp the face. I added some stickels for glam and some eyelashes for cuteness :)  I also used a light pink in to stamp the pillowbox so it looked like a watermark with some stars and a wrapped gift (just some cheapy $1-2 stamps).  Then I used a darker purple to stamp happy birthday all over it. I used my Happy Birthday stamp from My Creative Time.  The gift card fit inside with some extra room, you would put a small trinket (if not for a 1 year old) or just wrap it in tissue paper and put it in.  It work great and my 3 year old who "helped" me loved giving the gift to our cousin.  TFL!

 
 


1 comment:

Stephannie said...

So cute!