This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Purple, Green AND Sketches Challenge at Cooking with Cricut

Hello everyone. Today is Purple, Green AND Sketches Challenge Day over at Cooking with Cricut!  For this weeks challenge I made used the colors and the card sketch to make a card for my mom.  She stayed at my house with my 4 children while my hubby and I went away for our 10 year wedding anniversary a couple of weeks ago so I wanted to let her know how appreciative we are. 

Here is the sketch:


Here is my card:


I used Art Philosophy to cut the postage stamp like frame/matte (square 6-page 24), then I hand cut the square on top of it in a lighter purple.  I then cut the flower circle cutout from the Square 5 Font Layer (shift key pushed)-page 63.  I thought that was such a pretty cut.  I added some bling to each of the openings in the cut.  I then added some green/white twine and a tag which was cut rectangle 5-page 35, inked the edges and stamped it with a stamp from Pink By Design Our Kids set.  I added a rhinestone to each side of the tag as well.

Now it's your turn! I hope you will head on over to Cooking with Cricut to enter your project! TFL.


Have a crafty day!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Such a sweet card, Debbie! Your MIL rocks if she's willing to stay with all four of your kiddos!! LOL!

~ Jen, CWC DT

Charlotte said...

This is just such a pretty crd. And it is great use of the green and purple.
Charlotte DR

Anonymous said...

such a pretty card.

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Cute and pretty card. Smooches... Sous Chef Felicia