This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So Thankful M&M Tubes

I purchased these clear tubes from SRM months and months ago with the best intent to use them...but they just sat on the shelf :)  So I decided I wanted to make something small for my childrens teachers and admin school staff so I thought an M&M tube would be perfect!  I of course decided to get started on it last night around 9:30pm...needless to say I was up LATE!  I tried to make it as simple as possible.  Here they are:





I saw a few templates online but I just decided to make my own.  I used solid paper for the "holder", then added patterned paper to decorate it.  I used patterned paper for the scallop circle and for the little circle to put on the lid as well.  I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut the scallop at 2.25 inches.  I used a creme colored cardstock to print the sentiment on (which I just came up with because I have NO Thanksgiving stamps for some reason).  I used a scallop punch I had, I believe it is 2inches, to cut out the sentiment.  I replaced Principal with teacher for that one and for the admin assistant I just put So THANKFUL for you.  I also hot glued ribbon (I had some ribbon that said so thankful-perfect right and when I ran out of that I had some with leaves on it).  If I had more time I probably would have added a turkey or something...maybe next time :) 

If anyone is interested in the template I made, let me know and I will post it :)  TFL!

I entering this into the following challenge(s):
  1. More Than Favors-Wacky Wednesday
  2. Whimsical Wednesday Challenge "Happy Turkey Day"

1 comment:

GiGi said...

What fun treat tubes! I love the fun colors and the cute tags! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!