This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Tshirts for my girls

So I had seen t-shirts similar to this in 2 places over the last week and knew I wanted to make some shirts similar to those for my girls (I saw them here and here.   After work today (I got off 2 hours early-YEAH) I took the girls to Joann's and they picked out the brown fabric and the ribbon.  I also picked up some heat and bond and some fabric glue.  Then we went to AC Moore and they picked out their t-shirts (the pink was a real surprise...NOT).  After they went to bed I got started and here is what the finished product looks like:



I used Create a Critter to cut a paper template of the body, then I used it to cut out the fabric (by hand), then I put the heat and bond on it and set it aside.  I used the paper template to help me use the fabric glue to glue on the ribbon, then I added the body and ironed it on (I did end up using some fabric glue around the edges too because I did not want to sew anything).  I used the fabric glue to add some googly eyes, a hand cut (from scrap fabric I bought at AC Moore for $1 each) a beak and the waddle.  Lastly, I used my new iRock (did I mention I LOVE it) to give this turkey some cute blingy legs :)  I would have loved to add a Happy Thanksgiving or Happy Turkey Day sentiment but I ran out of energy...I think these will be just cute enough anyway :)  TFL and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: