This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Mini Album: The Sweetest Story Ever Told

As you may know from reading my posts over the last few months, my husband Ed was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer back in May.  He has been going through chemo and is now having surgery tomorrow. I wanted him to have something to keep at the hospital to remind him of us because he will be in there for 5 days.  I also think he can take it to chemo with him or just look at it whenever he is having a bad day to remind him how much we love him.  This may be my first "real" mini album.  I used the Cricut Artiste and the chip board that came with it.  I used some paper I had, I think from a few different stacks and I used a few different stamps from Pink by Design as well as one $1 stamp (worlds best dad).  I also had the kids each write him a note and I wrote one as well (I helped my 3 year old, she help my hand as we wrote it together). He cried when he opened it and looked through it.  So did I.












I can only pray that one day we both look back at this album and all of the worry we had and be thankful for how much it made us appreciate what we have.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you all have a crafty and blessed day!

PS:  I will be linking this up over at Sarah Hamer Designs so stop by and link up too!  http://www.pinkcricut.com/2012/09/link-tuesday-21/

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Debbie what a wonderful idea. Your hubby will treasure this. Wishing you everything of the best with the surgery.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Love your album! Great job!

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Wonderful and cheerful album-I hope your husband is doing well.