This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Monday, February 11, 2013

Teacher Appreciation 2013

Hello all.

The week before last was Catholic Schools Week for my 3 oldest children and the last day of the week is Teacher Appreciation Day and each year I try to make something for the teachers.  This year I decided to make a TEAcher appreciation gifts for each teacher (it has become more work since my oldest entered middle school there at the school (it goes from pre-k to 8th) because he has so many teachers but I do not want to leave anyone out.  I also do a gift for the Principal and the Admin. Assistant because they are so wonderful.  I found this idea online and LOVED it immediately so I began picking up the supplies back in January and actually got most of them done before the last minute :)  I put a tea bag, three packs of sugar and a spoon inside the cup.  I made the tags by hand cutting the pencil and it pieces so that took a lot more work than I expected, but I did not mind because they turned out so cute.  I used My Creative Time My Teacher Rocks sets for the sentiment stamps and I used a Peachy Keen set from their August kit for the pencil and face stamps.






I also wanted to do something for the other teachers so I decided to do this idea I had seen on Pinterest.  But I make one tag for each soda in the 6 pack, just so if the teacher wanted to keep the tag they could.  They were easy enough to print onto card stock (I made the from portion in word) and then I just punched out each piece and used adhesive to put them together with the ribbon in between the two pieces of the tag.  I put three 6 packs with the tags in the teachers lounge that morning.  I received multiple thank yous at pick-up last week.



Now I have to get to working on Valentine's Day!  Those will be finished up last minute probably.

Thanks for stopping by, have a CRAFTY day!

PS:  I am linking this up over at Sarah Hamer Designs so stop by and link up too!  http://www.pinkcricut.com/2013/02/link-tuesday-38/

No comments: