This is my personal blog that hopefully others will enjoy finding information on projects, ideas, etc. that I have created, scraplifted or borrowed :)

Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Hello all.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day.  Unfortunately my husband has not been doing well and my cousin passed away unexpectedly the weekend before so it was not the best Valentine's Day for me but I still wanted to make it super special for the kids and those around us.

I had purchased some $1 note pads and pen packs back in January and knew I would make simple Valentine treats for the teachers.  I used the same idea I used back in December for the preschool teachers and just used one sheet of paper to make a cute little wrapping for the notepad, tied it with ribbon, added the pen and an easy tag I made on the computer and punch out with a circle punch.



Then for the boys I thought the You Rule idea found here was too cute to pass up (and it was super easy with the free printable).


Lastly, for the girls I wanted to use my Silhouette Cameo that I received for Christmas since I had not used it so I did the butterfly lollipop holders for them.  Very simple, I just let them put a couple stickers on each and they were done!  It was nothing fancy but I am glad they all got done (early) and saved my a little bit of stress the night before.



I also made the girls some more bleach pen shirts by just freehand drawing some hearts on.  Here is my MooMoo girl modeling hers :)


For my kids I just did small buckets with little a little candy, a few trinkets for the girls and some baseball cards for the boys.  The girls also received balloons because they LOVE them and Mady has been asking for a heart balloon for weeks.  The girls and I made these cute mailboxes for their American Girls a few nights before and so the AG's were SO lucky to find a card and a necklace in their mailboxes on Valentine's Day also.  This cute idea came from right here!  The only difference was I used a glass candle stick holder from the $ store versus a wood one to paint.  You have to stop by The Real Thing with the Coake Family, I am just loving her blog!



Sorry for such a long post but there was a lot for Valentine's Day!  Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a CRAFTY day!

PS: I will be linking up over at Sarah Hamer Designs so stop by and link up too!  http://www.pinkcricut.com/2013/02/12329/

No comments: